Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Baked Potato Soup

Baked Potato Soup
A favorite dish around my household is my Baked Potato Soup. This is a dish that, i would suppose, a lot of people make, but I had to try my hand at it with my own recipe after hearing about a version a restaurant made, but didn't have at the time I visited.

Much of this recipe is just common sense - such as parboiling the potatoes before starting the soup - but it has a few twists, too. I've kept it simple in the recipe here, but, as you can tell from the picture, I like to top mine with green onions, if I can.

Now, to keep my family from bogarting all the bacon bits, I put them in the soup prior to serving, but you can certainly put the bacon bits into a bowl and let people self serve, or just sprinkle some on top with the cheese and sour cream. To really amp up the flavor you could substitute a few cubes of chicken bouillon for the chicken broth. I've had it both ways, and it's equally tasty, but if you're avoiding salt, stick to the broth method.

I've put the recipe on one of my recipe cards that I made recently, and made it into a PDF file for easy downloading and printing onto card stock. Enjoy! Here's a preview image, though the quality looks horrible here, it's a lot nicer in the PDF, I promise!



No comments:

Post a Comment